PALM BEACH GARDENS, Florida, August 24, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Molecule Group, Inc. (“Molecule” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: MKUL), a leading air purification technology company, today announced new laboratory results that harness the power of the Company’s proprietary photoelectrochemical oxidation (“PECO”) technology and the ability to eliminate conventional filters. Unleash the potential of.
Three new studies were completed, including one from Florida International University, which shows Molecule’s PECO technology can safely destroy a broad range of indoor air pollutants. PECO technology for air purification reacts with ultraviolet light to oxidize pollutants including viruses, bacteria, mold, ozone, allergens, volatile organic compounds, particulates and chemicals found in smoke and break them down into harmless molecules.
“The new studies highlight the culmination of nearly three decades of rigorous scientific research and development. The PECO technology not only captures but also destroys micro-scale pollutants, ultimately helping people breathe better air who suffer from specific pollutant triggers,” said Jaspreet Dhau, Vice President and Head of Research and Development, Molekule he said. “These results demonstrate the high level of efficiency of our patented PECO technology in critical scenarios such as hospitals, as well as health care facilities, classrooms, homes, businesses, public areas and other essential indoor environments, in combating indoor air pollution.”
Florida International University Preclinical Studies assessed the differences in how air cleaned by the Molecule PECO-enhanced appliance affected allergic reactions compared to air cleaned by high-efficiency particulate absorption (“HEPA”) filtration alone. In the study, cat dander, one of the most prominent indoor allergens, was introduced into four chambers—two without purifiers (negative control group and positive control group), one with a HEPA purifier and one with a PECO purifier—for six week three times a week and the response of 40 mice (10 per group) to the allergen was measured.
- Researchers found a measurable difference between Molecule’s PECO technology and HEPA compared to control groups. The study found a four-fold increase in allergic reactions in the control groups compared to the PECO and HEPA groups.
- The study also found that when looking at immune cells and chemicals within the mice, the PECO group had better results than the HEPA group. Both were significantly better than the control group.
The researchers hypothesized that the mice in the PECO group displayed fewer cells associated with the immune response because the PECO filtration destroyed dander particles that were not captured by the HEPA filtration. The company believes these results are promising and intends to develop them further as part of a human clinical trial.
In June 2023, Molekule announced the results of an additional study conducted jointly with MercyHealth and the University of South Floridathat measured the efficacy of Molecule’s PECO-powered air purifier on clinical recovery in mild or moderate COVID-19 patients.
- Patients in the Air Pro purifier group included 18 women with an average age of 70 years and 19 women in the placebo group with an average age of 74 years.
- Research showed that in-room devices with PECO technology can help reduce the length of hospital stay by about two days—a statistically significant amount of time.
Additionally, an impending study at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, which was initiated by Molekule, assessed the effects of coronavirus on exposure to the Molekule PECO-enhanced device.
- The results showed that the virus that causes COVID-19 oxidized on the filter, leaving no evidence of its presence.
Molekule offers one of the largest lines of proprietary and patented FDA-approved air purification devices available today. The company was established in 2014 to address the adverse effects of polluted air in healthcare, education, hospitality and commercial smart building applications.
For more information on how Molecule’s patented PECO technology detects and destroys organic pollutants, please visit molecule.com,
about the molecule
References to “Molecule” herein refer to Molecule Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: MKUL) and Molecule, Inc. including its consolidated subsidiaries. Molekule is creating safer, healthier indoor environments around the world, starting with our most essential resource: the air we breathe. Based on more than 25 years of research and development, the company creates scientifically tested technology to improve indoor air quality for individuals, businesses, schools, hospitals and organizations of all sizes. Molecule’s range of air purification solutions includes medical-grade high-efficiency particulate air filtration and the company’s patented Photoelectrochemical Oxidation – PECO – technology, which effectively removes a wide range of pollutants including volatile organic compounds, mold, bacteria, viruses By destroying it, it passes through conventional filters. and allergies. These devices have been rigorously evaluated by third-party laboratories, leading to FDA approval as medical devices. It is part of Molecule’s vision to transform the world from the inside out to the home. For more information, please visit molecule.com,
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs and expectations of our management and are subject to change. and unknown risks and uncertainties. Words or expressions such as “expects,” “anticipates,” “intends,” “plans,” “believes,” “estimates,” “may,” “will,” “projects,” “will “may,” “should,” “will,” “expect,” “forecast,” or other similar expressions help to identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual events to differ include, but are not limited to: are not limited to:
- general economic conditions in the markets in which we operate;
- Impact of COVID-19 pandemic and related preventive measures;
- the expected timing of regulatory approval and product launch;
- non-performance of third party vendors and contractors;
- risks related to our ability to successfully sell our products and the acceptance and performance of our products in the marketplace, including our new Molecule 360 indoor air quality management solution;
- the possibility that our products may ultimately not perform in line with our testing or that prior test results may not be replicated in future studies;
- our compliance with and changes to applicable laws and regulations;
- our limited operating history;
- our ability to manage growth;
- our ability to obtain additional financing if needed;
- our ability to expand product offerings;
- our ability to compete with others in our industry;
- our ability to protect our intellectual property;
- the ability of certain stockholders to determine the outcome of matters that require stockholder approval;
- our ability to maintain the listing of our common stock on Nasdaq;
- our ability to defend legal proceedings;
- success in retaining or recruiting our officers, key employees or directors, or making necessary changes to them;
- Molecule, Inc. Ability to integrate successfully.
- Molecule, Inc. Unforeseen costs, liabilities or delays related to our merger with
- the risk that goodwill or identifiable intangible assets (including such items recorded in connection with our merger with Molekule, Inc.) may be impaired;
- our ability to successfully complete acquisitions; And
- Other economic, business, competitive and regulatory factors generally affecting the Company’s businesses, including but not limited to those disclosed in Molekule’s filings with the SEC, including “risk factors” and “management’s discussion and analysis of the financial position and”. “Results of Operations” section of Molecule’s latest Annual Report on Form 10-K, as amended, and other SEC filings.
Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, and a variety of factors could result in actual results differing materially from the forward-looking statements. Although we believe the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable based on information currently available, we cannot assure you that the expectations will prove to be correct. Accordingly, you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. In any event, these statements speak only as of the date of this release. We assume no obligation to revise or update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this release or to reflect new information or the occurrence of unanticipated events.
Investor Relations Contact
Chief Financial Officer, Anu
A photo accompanying this announcement is available here https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/f309a350-86b4-48b4-8d15-7357fa794a8b