India Meteorological Department (IMD) Said that intense rainfall is possible over isolated parts of Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, North Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Sikkim and Northeast India during next 2-3 days and may reduce thereafter.
The Met office also said that on August 24, 2023, isolated heavy rain is likely over Uttarakhand. “The Monsoon trough is north of its normal position. It is very likely to remain north of its normal position during next 6 days,” the IMD said. ,
IMD forecast: Uttarakhand on red alert
There is a possibility of heavy rains in Uttarakhand on Thursday, 24 August. In view of the incredibly severe rainfall, the IMD has sounded a high alert for the Himalayan state during a time frame of 48 hours.
The Regional Meteorological Center in Dehradun has issued a red alert on Thursday in six regions which include Dehradun, Nainital, Tehri Garhwal, Pauri Garhwal, Champawat and Udham Singh Nagar. The Meteorological Department has issued a high alert for Bageshwar and an orange alert for Haridwar.
Weather Forecasting: Key Points
IMD has predicted intense rainfall over Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand till today, August 24 and over Sikkim, Bihar, Sub-Himalayan West Bengal and Northeast India in the next two days.
The weather office has forecast light rain over south peninsular India during next 5-6 days and over central India for 4-5 days from today.
IMD has issued a high alert for heavy rains in Himachal Pradesh during the next two days. This has caused massive property damage in the state due to landslides, flash floods and cloud bursts.
IMD Weather Forecast: Quick Report
1. North West India:
• Heavy rain very likely at isolated places over Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh during 23-25.
• On 24 August, extremely heavy rainfall occurred at isolated places over East Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
2. Eastern India:
• Isolated severe rainfall over Sub-Himalayan West Bengal, Bihar and Sikkim during 23rd to 26th; Jharkhand, Gangetic West Bengal and Odisha during August 23-25, 2023.
• Isolated heavy rainfall over Sub-Himalayan West Bengal, Bihar and Sikkim during 23rd to 25th August.
• On August 24, 2023 very heavy rain occurred at different places in Bihar.
3. Northeast India:
Heavy rainfall will occur at isolated places over different parts during the next four days.
Isolated intense rainfall over Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Meghalaya during 23-26 August, 2023.
Isolated heavy rainfall over Assam and Meghalaya on 23rd and 24th August, 2023.